8 Ways To Get More Referrals From Yahoo
|Last week I wrote a post Concentrate On The Top Four Search Engines, these being Google (52.7% of searches),Yahoo (20.2%), MSN/Live (13.3%) and AOL (5.5%).|
A lot has been written about getting referrals from Google but I have also come across an excellent article about How To Optimize For Yahoo.
The author, Ross Dunn, suggests the following. I would recommend, however, that you read the full article to gain all of the points in more detail.
1. Title Tag: Keep the title tag as short as 5 small-medium sized words and include one complete incidence of your keyphrase. Yahoo! blatantly favours sites that include the keyphrase in the title tag.
2. Meta Description Tag: Start with key phrase and then produce a short 15–18 small-medium sized word sentence clearly describing your site.
3. Meta Keyword Tag: Yahoo still considers the keyword tag so it cannot hurt to include it. The max size of a keyword tag should be 250 characters – comma-delimited. Do not over repeat words; no more than 3 repetitions of a single word within the tag.
4. Keywords In URL: Yahoo rewards keyword-based filenames a small amount.
5. Headings: Use the page’s keyphrase within a Heading 1 tag to further enhance the visibility of the keyphrase on the page.
6. Use Alt For Images: The "Alt" text must not provide information that is already written on the website. "Alt" text is supposed to provide a clear and concise description of what the image is. Fortunately this means that adding an incidence of the keyphrase, or a portion of the keyphrase, is totally appropriate which can add slightly more credibility to your page score when Yahoo’s crawler indexes the page.
7. Inline Links: In the midst of your page it is beneficial to include links to related pages from related content.
8. Links: When building links for Yahoo concentrate on quality not quantity.
The above is a simplified list - read the full article. There is also lots of other good SEO advice on the website.
Subscribe to Celebrity Insider - Photos & News
Subscribe to Celebrity Insider - Photos & News by Email
posted by Mike Perry at 12:03 pm